Madhya Pradesh gets 51st district, `Agar-Malwa`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government on Wednesday gave nod to creation of the new district of Agar-Malwa, taking the number of districts in the state to 51.
The decision was taken by the state cabinet at its meeting here, chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, official sources said.
The district will come into existence on August 16, the sources said.
The new district will be created by bifurcating Shajapur district; it will comprise the tehsils of Agar, Badoud, Susner and Nalkheda. Headquarters would be at Agar town.
Spread over 2,785 square km, Agar-Malwa will have population of 4.80 lakh.
IAS officer D D Agrawal and R S Parihar would be the first Collector and Superintendent of Police (SP) respectively of Agar-Malwa.
Among other decisions, the cabinet also sanctioned `Mukhymantri Yuva Engineer-Contractor Scheme`, under which young engineering graduates will get loans of upto Rs 25 lakh for starting own ventures, they said.
Apparently with an eye on Assembly polls, cabinet also decided to continue zero per cent interest short-term loan facility for farmers in 2013-14.
Further, 18,500 hectares of land would be given to the National Thermal Power Corporation to set up a power plant in Narsinghpur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31