Madhya Pradesh: H1N1 virus claims life in Indore
Indore: One more person died of swine flu, taking the death toll due to the virus to seven in Indore division of the state since May this year, a district health official said on Monday.
A 28-year-old man from Jalapura village near here was admitted to a private hospital on September 25.
He tested positive for the H1N1 virus on October 04 at the ICMR laboratory, the official said.
As his health condition deteriorated, he was shifted to another hospital where he succumbed to the infection last night, he said.
Out of 123 samples sent for testing from Indore division since May this year, 35 tested positive for the virus while the rest were negative, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Types of HIV carried by chimps can infect humans: Study
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32