Madhya Pradesh: H1N1 virus claims life in Indore
Indore: One more person died of swine flu, taking the death toll due to the virus to seven in Indore division of the state since May this year, a district health official said on Monday.
A 28-year-old man from Jalapura village near here was admitted to a private hospital on September 25.
He tested positive for the H1N1 virus on October 04 at the ICMR laboratory, the official said.
As his health condition deteriorated, he was shifted to another hospital where he succumbed to the infection last night, he said.
Out of 123 samples sent for testing from Indore division since May this year, 35 tested positive for the virus while the rest were negative, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY