Madhya Pradesh polls: Congress MP Uday Pratap Singh joins BJP
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Bhopal: In a major setback to Congress before the Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, the party’s Member of Parliament from Hoshangabad Uday Pratap Singh joined BJP.
Madhya Pradesh’s Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday announced Uday’s decision to join BJP during a press conference at the party’s office.
While addressing the mediapersons, Chouhan praised Uday and said that he is not only a good politician, but also involved in praiseworthy noble causes.
Pratap has accused Congress leader Suresh Pachouri of taking money for distribution of party ticket.
Madhya Pradesh will go to polls on November 25 and counting will be done on December 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok