Madhya Pradesh: Power tariff hiked by 7.17 %
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Electricity
Regulatory Commission has given its approval to the power
distribution companies to increase power tariff by 7.17 per
cent in the state from April 10.
The power distribution companies had demanded a tariff
hike of 24 per cent.
Against the total Aggregate Revenue Requirement (ARR)
of Rs 23,912 crore claimed as per the regulations and Rs
25,939 crore as per the additional submissions by the
distribution companies in their petitions, the Commission has
admitted ARR of Rs 15,667 crore, sources said.
However, the hike will not be applicable for the
domestic users consuming less than 30 units, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok