Madhya Pradesh: Power tariff hiked by 7.17 %
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Electricity
Regulatory Commission has given its approval to the power
distribution companies to increase power tariff by 7.17 per
cent in the state from April 10.
The power distribution companies had demanded a tariff
hike of 24 per cent.
Against the total Aggregate Revenue Requirement (ARR)
of Rs 23,912 crore claimed as per the regulations and Rs
25,939 crore as per the additional submissions by the
distribution companies in their petitions, the Commission has
admitted ARR of Rs 15,667 crore, sources said.
However, the hike will not be applicable for the
domestic users consuming less than 30 units, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case