Madhya Pradesh rape victim`s condition worsening
Nagpur: The condition of five-year-old rape victim from Seoni district in Madhya Pradesh further deteriorated on Wednesday and she is sinking, doctors attending on her at a private hospital here, said.
"Her condition had worsened yesterday as she was not responding to treatment and today she is sinking," Chief Hospital Administrator Dr Ravi Mannadiyar told reporters here.
Doctors had planned to conduct an `Apnoea` test on her to ascertain whether or not the damage to her brain due to suffocation was irreversible.
It is basically a test to check if a person is brain dead. It assesses the functioning of the brain stem which is responsible for vital functions like breathing, they said.
However, the test was postponed for today so that it could be carried out after her vital parameters stabilise.
The minor from Ghansaur town, who is battling for life, was allegedly raped by Firoz Khan on April 17 and later dumped on a farm land. Her parents found her next morning there and rushed her to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College, Jabalpur for treatment. Later she was airlifted to Nagpur on April 20 night for treatment.
The 35-year-old accused, working in Jhabua Power Plant Limited in MP, was arrested yesterday from Hussainabad area of Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, where he was hiding after committing the crime.
Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Uma Bharti and State Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta had visited the girl in the hospital to enquire about her health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row