Madhya Pradesh receives average of 103 cm rainfall in last 24 hours
Bhopal: Spate of rainfall lashed several parts of Madhya Pradesh with the state recording an average of 103 cm rainfall in the last 24 hours, Met officials said.
According to an official release, Madhya Pradesh received an average rainfall of 103 cm yesterday across the state, with districts of Annupur, Balaghat, Seoni, Tikamghar receiving heavy downpour.
Entire Malwa region, including districts Barwani, Dhar, Indore, Jhabua, Alirajpur, Khandwa, Kharone, Neemuch, Ratlam and Ujjain, however, remained dry with scanty rains.
Anuppur district registered the highest of 103 cm rainfall, Balaghat 71 cm, Chhatarpur 28 cm, Chhindwara 22 cm, Damoh 28 cm, Dindori 43 cm, Jabalpur 7 cm, Katni 27 cm, Mandla 62 cm, Narsinghpur 48 cm, Panna 32 cm, Rewa 31 cm, Sagar 33 cm, Satna 32.5 cm, Seoni 73 cm, Shahdol 24 cm, Sidhi 20 cm, Singrauli 14 cm, Tikamgarh 51 cm and 29 cm rainfall was registered in Umaria district.
Similarly in Western Madhya Pradesh, Ashok Nagar district received 15 cm rainfall, Betul 21 cm, Bhind 3 cm, Bhopal 8 cm, Burhanpur 11 cm, Datia 28 cm, Dewas 4 cm, Guna 12 cm, Gwalior 11 cm, Harda 7 cm, Hoshangabad 3 cm, Mandsaur 21 cm, Rajgarh 9 cm, Sehore 11 cm, Shajapur 3 cm, Sheopur 27 cm, Shivpuri 7 cm and 11 cm rainfall was registered in Vidisha district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30