Madhya Pradesh: Situation under control in Mhow
Mhow: No untoward incident was reported in Mhow town of Indore district on Friday, where tension prevailed following the alleged murder of a RSS worker last evening, police said.
An official release said that the last rites of Prashant Sharma, the deceased, were conducted and ex-gratia of Rs one lakh was given to his kin.
Collector Akash Tripathi, DIG Rakesh Gupta, SP Abid Khan and other senior officials visited the town.
Tension had gripped Pithampur industrial area near Indore after the murder.
Sharma had gone to the cricket ground in Vishwas Nagar area last evening to pacify a group of children who had a fight over some issue while playing, Kishanganj police station in-charge, Ramesh Chandra Bhaskare told reporters here.
While Sharma was mediating in the issue, a miscreant, identified as Sohail Khan, having a criminal record, along with his six associates reached the spot and attacked him (Sharma) with a rod and sharp edged weapons causing grievous injuries, he said.
Sharma was rushed to Mhow Civil Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, Bhaskare said.
A large number of RSS activists also gathered at the hospital and later allegedly ransacked the accused`s shop and set it ablaze along with other houses, he said.
Soon, heavy police force from adjoining areas was deployed in the tense area and police had to open fire to control the situation, he said.
An RSS activist, a local BJP leader and a state intelligence officer were also injured in the violence, Bhaskare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Geeta wants to undertake a train journey to search her parents
- Magnitude 5.5 quake hits near Chile's copper mining area, says USGS
- Colombia to get UN peace monitors, possible referendum
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico