Madhya Pradesh: Situation under control in Mhow
Mhow: No untoward incident was reported in Mhow town of Indore district on Friday, where tension prevailed following the alleged murder of a RSS worker last evening, police said.
An official release said that the last rites of Prashant Sharma, the deceased, were conducted and ex-gratia of Rs one lakh was given to his kin.
Collector Akash Tripathi, DIG Rakesh Gupta, SP Abid Khan and other senior officials visited the town.
Tension had gripped Pithampur industrial area near Indore after the murder.
Sharma had gone to the cricket ground in Vishwas Nagar area last evening to pacify a group of children who had a fight over some issue while playing, Kishanganj police station in-charge, Ramesh Chandra Bhaskare told reporters here.
While Sharma was mediating in the issue, a miscreant, identified as Sohail Khan, having a criminal record, along with his six associates reached the spot and attacked him (Sharma) with a rod and sharp edged weapons causing grievous injuries, he said.
Sharma was rushed to Mhow Civil Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, Bhaskare said.
A large number of RSS activists also gathered at the hospital and later allegedly ransacked the accused`s shop and set it ablaze along with other houses, he said.
Soon, heavy police force from adjoining areas was deployed in the tense area and police had to open fire to control the situation, he said.
An RSS activist, a local BJP leader and a state intelligence officer were also injured in the violence, Bhaskare said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan