Madhya Pradesh: Situation under control in Mhow
Mhow: No untoward incident was reported in Mhow town of Indore district on Friday, where tension prevailed following the alleged murder of a RSS worker last evening, police said.
An official release said that the last rites of Prashant Sharma, the deceased, were conducted and ex-gratia of Rs one lakh was given to his kin.
Collector Akash Tripathi, DIG Rakesh Gupta, SP Abid Khan and other senior officials visited the town.
Tension had gripped Pithampur industrial area near Indore after the murder.
Sharma had gone to the cricket ground in Vishwas Nagar area last evening to pacify a group of children who had a fight over some issue while playing, Kishanganj police station in-charge, Ramesh Chandra Bhaskare told reporters here.
While Sharma was mediating in the issue, a miscreant, identified as Sohail Khan, having a criminal record, along with his six associates reached the spot and attacked him (Sharma) with a rod and sharp edged weapons causing grievous injuries, he said.
Sharma was rushed to Mhow Civil Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, Bhaskare said.
A large number of RSS activists also gathered at the hospital and later allegedly ransacked the accused`s shop and set it ablaze along with other houses, he said.
Soon, heavy police force from adjoining areas was deployed in the tense area and police had to open fire to control the situation, he said.
An RSS activist, a local BJP leader and a state intelligence officer were also injured in the violence, Bhaskare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened