Madhya Pradesh: Situation under control in Mhow
Mhow: No untoward incident was reported in Mhow town of Indore district on Friday, where tension prevailed following the alleged murder of a RSS worker last evening, police said.
An official release said that the last rites of Prashant Sharma, the deceased, were conducted and ex-gratia of Rs one lakh was given to his kin.
Collector Akash Tripathi, DIG Rakesh Gupta, SP Abid Khan and other senior officials visited the town.
Tension had gripped Pithampur industrial area near Indore after the murder.
Sharma had gone to the cricket ground in Vishwas Nagar area last evening to pacify a group of children who had a fight over some issue while playing, Kishanganj police station in-charge, Ramesh Chandra Bhaskare told reporters here.
While Sharma was mediating in the issue, a miscreant, identified as Sohail Khan, having a criminal record, along with his six associates reached the spot and attacked him (Sharma) with a rod and sharp edged weapons causing grievous injuries, he said.
Sharma was rushed to Mhow Civil Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, Bhaskare said.
A large number of RSS activists also gathered at the hospital and later allegedly ransacked the accused`s shop and set it ablaze along with other houses, he said.
Soon, heavy police force from adjoining areas was deployed in the tense area and police had to open fire to control the situation, he said.
An RSS activist, a local BJP leader and a state intelligence officer were also injured in the violence, Bhaskare said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!