Madhya Pradesh sodomy case: Raghavji denied bail
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: A local court on Thursday denied bail to former Madhya Pradesh finance minister Raghavji, who was arrested on Tuesday on charges of sodomy. The former minister was arrested from a flat in Bhopal after being untraceable for two days.
The BJP had on Sunday expelled Raghavji from the party in the wake of sodomy allegations against him.
"After watching developments in Raghavji`s case, the BJP has decided to expel him from its primary membership," BJP`s Madhya Pradesh unit chief Narendra Singh Tomar had said.
Raghavji was forced to resign from the Cabinet on Friday after his domestic help Rajkumar Dangi accused him of sexual abuse.
Dangi had submitted his complaint against Raghavji at the Habibganj police station on Friday. He claimed that a sex CD had also been made.
Police officials said FIR had been registered on the basis of the complaint and the matter was being investigated.
Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh has demanded security for Dangi.
BJP sources said the decision to expel Raghavji was taken in view of the nature of allegations against the former minister. They said the state was heading for elections and the party would not like to court controversy.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened