Madhya Pradesh sodomy case: Raghavji denied bail
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: A local court on Thursday denied bail to former Madhya Pradesh finance minister Raghavji, who was arrested on Tuesday on charges of sodomy. The former minister was arrested from a flat in Bhopal after being untraceable for two days.
The BJP had on Sunday expelled Raghavji from the party in the wake of sodomy allegations against him.
"After watching developments in Raghavji`s case, the BJP has decided to expel him from its primary membership," BJP`s Madhya Pradesh unit chief Narendra Singh Tomar had said.
Raghavji was forced to resign from the Cabinet on Friday after his domestic help Rajkumar Dangi accused him of sexual abuse.
Dangi had submitted his complaint against Raghavji at the Habibganj police station on Friday. He claimed that a sex CD had also been made.
Police officials said FIR had been registered on the basis of the complaint and the matter was being investigated.
Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh has demanded security for Dangi.
BJP sources said the decision to expel Raghavji was taken in view of the nature of allegations against the former minister. They said the state was heading for elections and the party would not like to court controversy.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!