Madhya Pradesh sodomy case: Raghavji denied bail
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: A local court on Thursday denied bail to former Madhya Pradesh finance minister Raghavji, who was arrested on Tuesday on charges of sodomy. The former minister was arrested from a flat in Bhopal after being untraceable for two days.
The BJP had on Sunday expelled Raghavji from the party in the wake of sodomy allegations against him.
"After watching developments in Raghavji`s case, the BJP has decided to expel him from its primary membership," BJP`s Madhya Pradesh unit chief Narendra Singh Tomar had said.
Raghavji was forced to resign from the Cabinet on Friday after his domestic help Rajkumar Dangi accused him of sexual abuse.
Dangi had submitted his complaint against Raghavji at the Habibganj police station on Friday. He claimed that a sex CD had also been made.
Police officials said FIR had been registered on the basis of the complaint and the matter was being investigated.
Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh has demanded security for Dangi.
BJP sources said the decision to expel Raghavji was taken in view of the nature of allegations against the former minister. They said the state was heading for elections and the party would not like to court controversy.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!