Madhya Pradesh: Suspension of IAS couple extended
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government has
extended the suspension of 1978 batch IAS couple Arvind and
Tinu Joshi, accused for amassing huge wealth, by another 180
days, official sources said here on Thursday.
The government decided to extend the suspension period as
the Nirmala Buch committee set up in July last year to look
into the matter is yet to submit its report.
The decision on the extension was taken by a three-member
review committee headed by Chief Secretary Avani Vaish, they
The other two members of the committee are additional
Chief Secretary, Forest, M K Roy and Secretary, GAD, Alka
The Joshi couple was suspended in February last year
after Income Tax officials recovered whopping Rs 360 crore
from their residence in a raid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport