Madhya Pradesh: Suspension of IAS couple extended
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government has
extended the suspension of 1978 batch IAS couple Arvind and
Tinu Joshi, accused for amassing huge wealth, by another 180
days, official sources said here on Thursday.
The government decided to extend the suspension period as
the Nirmala Buch committee set up in July last year to look
into the matter is yet to submit its report.
The decision on the extension was taken by a three-member
review committee headed by Chief Secretary Avani Vaish, they
The other two members of the committee are additional
Chief Secretary, Forest, M K Roy and Secretary, GAD, Alka
The Joshi couple was suspended in February last year
after Income Tax officials recovered whopping Rs 360 crore
from their residence in a raid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees