Madhya Pradesh to be made No 1 state: Chouhan
Bhopal: All efforts will be made to turn Madhya Pradesh into the number one state in the country, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said.
"Efforts are being made with people`s cooperation for the progress of Madhya Pradesh which is an agrarian state," Chouhan said while addressing the `Antyodaya Mela` at Naugaon in Chhattarpur district yesterday.
At the fair, funds to the tune of Rs 5.16 crore under various schemes were sanctioned to 11,861 beneficiaries.
Irrigation facilities in the state have been increased, Chouhan said adding that Madhya Pradesh will prosper only when its farmers become rich and prosperous.
Rules will also be amended to provide compensation against loss to betel crop in the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster