Madhya Pradesh to be made No 1 state: Chouhan
Bhopal: All efforts will be made to turn Madhya Pradesh into the number one state in the country, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said.
"Efforts are being made with people`s cooperation for the progress of Madhya Pradesh which is an agrarian state," Chouhan said while addressing the `Antyodaya Mela` at Naugaon in Chhattarpur district yesterday.
At the fair, funds to the tune of Rs 5.16 crore under various schemes were sanctioned to 11,861 beneficiaries.
Irrigation facilities in the state have been increased, Chouhan said adding that Madhya Pradesh will prosper only when its farmers become rich and prosperous.
Rules will also be amended to provide compensation against loss to betel crop in the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch