Madhya Pradesh to be made No 1 state: Chouhan
Bhopal: All efforts will be made to turn Madhya Pradesh into the number one state in the country, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said.
"Efforts are being made with people`s cooperation for the progress of Madhya Pradesh which is an agrarian state," Chouhan said while addressing the `Antyodaya Mela` at Naugaon in Chhattarpur district yesterday.
At the fair, funds to the tune of Rs 5.16 crore under various schemes were sanctioned to 11,861 beneficiaries.
Irrigation facilities in the state have been increased, Chouhan said adding that Madhya Pradesh will prosper only when its farmers become rich and prosperous.
Rules will also be amended to provide compensation against loss to betel crop in the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened