Madhya Pradesh to be made No 1 state: Chouhan
Bhopal: All efforts will be made to turn Madhya Pradesh into the number one state in the country, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said.
"Efforts are being made with people`s cooperation for the progress of Madhya Pradesh which is an agrarian state," Chouhan said while addressing the `Antyodaya Mela` at Naugaon in Chhattarpur district yesterday.
At the fair, funds to the tune of Rs 5.16 crore under various schemes were sanctioned to 11,861 beneficiaries.
Irrigation facilities in the state have been increased, Chouhan said adding that Madhya Pradesh will prosper only when its farmers become rich and prosperous.
Rules will also be amended to provide compensation against loss to betel crop in the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video