Madhya Pradesh to rope in NRI bizmen
Indore: The Shivraj Singh Chouhan Government on Sunday announced a dedicated body for NRI entrepreneurs, who have roots in Madhya Pradesh, to promote industrial investment in the state.
"The Madhya Pradesh Global Foundation will have offices in 20 countries. A website is also created for business networking under the Foundation so that corporates having roots in the state and willing to invest in industry could join in," Madhya Pradesh Industry, Commerce and IT Minister Kailash Vijayvergiya said on the sidelines of the third Global Investors Meet here yesterday.
Any NRI having roots in Madhya Pradesh is invited to join the Foundation, he said, adding the state government will provide them necessary assistance and infrastructure for setting up new venture.
Over 800 business delegates, including 100 from abroad, are participating in the three-day event which was inaugurated by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Vijayvergiya said 113 MoUs worth Rs 670 crore were inked with MSMEs on the first day of GIM and 107 Expression of Interest (EOI) worth Rs 1128 crore were prepared between the state government and investors.
He said there was no sick MSME unit in MP, which has over 1.12 lakh industries. The state`s industrial growth was eight percent last fiscal which was above the national average, he said.
The state government has put a dozen of Unique Selling Points (USP) with a special emphasis on engineering and automobile sector among others, the minister said.
Vijayvergia announced that the state government will develop Ujjain as Knowledge City and has already acquired 400 hectares of land for educational institutes to be set up there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'