Madhya Pradesh tops in employing woman IAS officers
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh tops in employing lady Indian Administration Service (IAS) Officers in the country.
"Madhya Pradesh government, which has taken a number of steps including 50 percent reservations for fair sex in the Civic body polls for their empowerment, is taking services of highest number of 55 lady IAS officers in the country," official sources said here today.
At present, there are a total of 298 IAS officers who are providing their services to the state, they said adding out of whom 54 are women.
Apart from these, an IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre, Kamni Ratan Singh is on deputation in Madhya Pradesh and thus adding its strength to 55 (about 18.46 percent) sources said.
Though the actual strength of the elite all-India service officers for Madhya Pradesh has been determined at 369 as per the revision a couple of years ago, only 298 IAS officers are working at present in the State cadre, they said and added that thus it can employ 71 more IAS officers.
Uttar Pradesh stood in second place with 54 women IAS
officers (nearly 14.14 percent of its strength of 382),
followed by Maharashtra 42 (13.59 percent of its strength of
309), Tamil Nadu 40 (14.28 percent of its strength of 280)
and Andhra Pradesh 37 lady IAS officers (12.17 percent of its
strength of 304), sources said.
Reacting to the highest number of women IAS officers
in the state, Madhya Pradesh Chief Secretary, Rakesh Sahani
said that it was really a matter of pride for the state to
have such a large number of women officers.
He said that Madhya Pradesh`s women IAS officers were
not only doing an excellent job in the state but also bringing
laurels for it while working on deputation at the Centre.
They have been assigned a variety of tasks in Madhya
Pradesh, Sahani said.
Some of them are working as Secretary in the
Government of India while others are posted as collectors, the
Chief Secretary said.
Additional Chief Secretary, Ranjana Choudhary, the
seniormost lady IAS officer working as Agriculture Production
Commissioner said that if the number of women IAS officers in
Madhya Pradesh is maximum in the country, it was by default
and not by design.
Choudhary said that though gender does not make a
difference in Indian Administration Services, she personally
experienced in the last 35 years that colleagues and staff
were more supportive, co-operative and sympathetic to women
officers in comparison to their male counterparts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks