Maha, MP ATS arrest SIMI activist in Indore
Indore: A joint ATS team comprising of Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh on Saturday arrested from the city an alleged activist of banned outfit Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), identified as Anwar Hazi for his connection with unspecified terror acts.
Anwar (40), was a close associate of Abrar, who is in custody in Aurangabad, the police said.
He is in truck and chassis trade, and lives in Labaria Bhairo area from where he was arrested.
According to the police, Anwar had met Abrar in Aurangabad on March 2, 2012. Anwar`s role in terror incidents in Maharashtra was to be probed, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation