Mahila Cong chief wants to spread women rights awareness
Bhopal: The newly-appointed Madhya Pradesh Mahila Congress president Archana Jaiswal has said that she wants to make women more aware of their rights.
"There is an urgent need to make sure that women know their rights and this can even help in reducing atrocities against them," Jaiswal said addressing her first press conference last evening after taking charge.
She said that she plans to tour all the districts of Madhya Pradesh and find women who would be interested in working for the party.
Jaiswal said she knew that this was not an easy task but she was prepared to put in all the efforts needed for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra