Bhopal: A major fire on Friday broke out at
the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) office-cum-exchange
situated at Royal Market area, disrupting the telephone and
mobile services in the city, police said.
The blaze started on top floor of the office early in
the morning possibly due to short-circuit and soon assumed
alarming proportions, they said.
A number of fire engines rushed to the spot. As many
as sixteen fire personnel suffered injuries while trying to
control the blaze and were rushed to a private hospital.
Dr Ajay Goenka, director of Chirayu Hospital, said
that the injured personnel are "out of danger".
Besides fire brigade, services of Army too were
requisitioned to control the blaze, police said.
Police said they have so far not received any report
of injuries to any civilian in the incident.
Telephone and mobile services were affected to a great
extent in old city area, the sources added.