Mamata has made more "sacrifices" than Kejriwal: Anna Hazare
Indore: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has made more "sacrifices" in life than Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal and it would be a good thing if she becomes the Prime Minister, social activist Anna Hazare said on Wednesday.
"As compared to Mamata, Kejriwal has made less sacrifices. Despite being a Chief Minister, Mamata does not use government bungalow or vehicle. She moves around in simple clothes and slippers.
"Instead of wooing big industries, she is village-centric in her economic outlook. I am impressed by her ideology," he said addressing a press conference here.
To a query, the anti-corruption crusader said "Mamata is capable of becoming Prime Minister because of her thinking. If she becomes Prime Minister, it will be a good thing."
In an apparent reference to BJP leader Narendra Modi and Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, Hazare said "only the names of two people are doing the round for the post of Prime Minister. However, both of them focus on big industries and don`t talk about village-based economy. Any of them becoming Prime Minister will not make India`s future bright."
Rahul has a long way to go in terms of political experience while there was no wave in favour of any leader, Hazare said when asked about the Congress VP and Modi.
Hazare said he had advised Kejriwal, after he became Chief Minister, to work towards making Delhi a model state and focus on Lok Sabha polls only in 2019.
"However, he did not pay heed to my advise. I also disapproved of his dharna outside Rail Bhavan in January."
To another query, the septuagenarian activist said he had no intention of contesting the Presidential polls (due in 2017) and he was happy serving the common people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony