Man accused of raping daughter commits suicide
Seoni: A man accused of raping his daughter on Thursday allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling fan in his house, police said.
Balram Sahu allegedly raped his daughter for last three years after threatening to kill her brother and mother.
The girl filed a complaint on August 22 and since then Sahu was absconding, Keolari police station in-charge Amit Vilas Dani said.
Sahu was working as an insurance agent, he said.
"His body was found hanging from the ceiling fan in a room, located at the back of his house. He has left a suicide note in which he regretted his act and urged the family members to manage their lives with the insurance money they would get," he added.
Police have registered a case in this regard and after autopsy handed over the body to his family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement