Man axes wife, infant son, mother-in-law to death
Chhattarpur: A 30-year-old man has allegedly axed to death his wife, infant son and mother-in-law at a village here, police said.
The accused Halke Pal was arrested yesterday from Katara village, about 22 kms from here, after he repeatedly hit his wife Janak Bai (25) with an axe following which she died on the spot.
Later, the accused also hit his two-month-old son and mother-in-law with the weapon.
While the infant succumbed at a hospital yesterday, the accused`s mother-in-law died of her injuries this morning.
Janak`s brother Govind Pal said ever since his sister got married to the accused about a year back, he had refused to send her to her parent`s home.
The accused was also a habitual drinker and had frequent quarrels with his wife, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre