Man axes wife, infant son, mother-in-law to death
Chhattarpur: A 30-year-old man has allegedly axed to death his wife, infant son and mother-in-law at a village here, police said.
The accused Halke Pal was arrested yesterday from Katara village, about 22 kms from here, after he repeatedly hit his wife Janak Bai (25) with an axe following which she died on the spot.
Later, the accused also hit his two-month-old son and mother-in-law with the weapon.
While the infant succumbed at a hospital yesterday, the accused`s mother-in-law died of her injuries this morning.
Janak`s brother Govind Pal said ever since his sister got married to the accused about a year back, he had refused to send her to her parent`s home.
The accused was also a habitual drinker and had frequent quarrels with his wife, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’