Man drowns in Godavari river in Nashik
Nashik: A 23-year-old devotee from Mumbai drowned in Godavari river here after he entered the waters for a holy dip, police said Friday.
The incident took place on Wednesday night when Bhavik Ashok Jain, a resident of Mazgaon in Mumbai could not judge the water level and was swept away in the heavy current, they said.
Jain was fished out yesterday from the Talkuteshwar temple area by fire personnel.
The river was flooded as the irrigation department had released water from Gangapur dam as per routine-rotation, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical