Man drowns in Godavari river in Nashik
Nashik: A 23-year-old devotee from Mumbai drowned in Godavari river here after he entered the waters for a holy dip, police said Friday.
The incident took place on Wednesday night when Bhavik Ashok Jain, a resident of Mazgaon in Mumbai could not judge the water level and was swept away in the heavy current, they said.
Jain was fished out yesterday from the Talkuteshwar temple area by fire personnel.
The river was flooded as the irrigation department had released water from Gangapur dam as per routine-rotation, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview