Man gets 10-yr term in rape case in Bhopal
Bhopal: In a speedy trial, a local court awarded a ten-year sentence to a man who raped a deaf and mute girl in December last year.
Additional Sessions Judge at Multai in Betul district, S C Upadhyay, awarded ten years` imprisonment to Raju Salama and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 yesterday, prosecution said.
Raju had raped the physically challenged girl at Somgarh village in Betul on December 17, 2012, when she was alone in the house.
The convict was arrested on December 25 after the victim disclosed of the crime to her known and police submitted the case for trial on January 1 this year.
The probe in the case was completed in seven days by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!