Man gets 10-yr term in rape case in Bhopal
Bhopal: In a speedy trial, a local court awarded a ten-year sentence to a man who raped a deaf and mute girl in December last year.
Additional Sessions Judge at Multai in Betul district, S C Upadhyay, awarded ten years` imprisonment to Raju Salama and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 yesterday, prosecution said.
Raju had raped the physically challenged girl at Somgarh village in Betul on December 17, 2012, when she was alone in the house.
The convict was arrested on December 25 after the victim disclosed of the crime to her known and police submitted the case for trial on January 1 this year.
The probe in the case was completed in seven days by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach