Man gets 10-yr term in rape case in Bhopal
Bhopal: In a speedy trial, a local court awarded a ten-year sentence to a man who raped a deaf and mute girl in December last year.
Additional Sessions Judge at Multai in Betul district, S C Upadhyay, awarded ten years` imprisonment to Raju Salama and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 yesterday, prosecution said.
Raju had raped the physically challenged girl at Somgarh village in Betul on December 17, 2012, when she was alone in the house.
The convict was arrested on December 25 after the victim disclosed of the crime to her known and police submitted the case for trial on January 1 this year.
The probe in the case was completed in seven days by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit