Man gets death penalty for raping and murdering minor girl
Jabalpur: A local court on Monday awarded death sentence to a man for raping and killing a seven year old girl in 2011.
Terming the case as "rarest of rare," Additional District Judge Chandresh Khare awarded capital punishment to Panchamlal (30), on the basis of evidence submitted by the prosecution.
Panchamlal, of Sunachar village in Jabalpur district of Madhya Pradesh, had lured the minor girl to his house and raped her on May 12, 2011, prosecution officer Sushil Soni told a news agency.
When the girl raised an alarm, Panchamlal strangulated her and later dumped her body on a loft inside his house.
As the girl did not return home till late in the night, her parents then informed the police.
Based on suspicion, police took Panchamlal in custody for questioning as the girl was spotted with him for the last time.
Panchamlal later broke down and revealed the entire story to police, following which the victim`s body was seized from his house and sent for autopsy, Soni said.
A case under sections 302 (murder), 363 (kidnapping), 366, 376 (rape) and 201 of IPC was registered against him and submitted for trial after the probe.
Following this, the court today awarded him death sentence for murder, life imprisonment for kidnapping and seven-year sentence each for rape and destruction of evidence in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video