Man gets death penalty for raping, killing minor girl
Bhopal: In a fast-track trial, a person was on Thursday sentenced to death by a local court for raping and killing an eight-year-old girl last month near state`s Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta`s residence here.
The sentence was awarded by District and Session Judge Sushma Khosla in just nine working days to Nandkumar Tamoli for raping and killing the minor girl on February 2.
The accused cajoled the victim to a secluded place in his auto-rickshaw when she along with her brother went to the Bhopal Utsav Mela.
Her brother told his parents that Nand Kumar took her alone in an autorickshaw and when she failed to return home till late in the night, her parents reported the matter to the police.
Later, police found her body near the mela ground which is close to Gupta`s residence.
Police arrested Tamoli on February 5, and submitted the case for trial after collecting credible evidences against him on the basis of her brother`s statements and a police informer.
The sentence was awarded under sections 363, 366, 376 (2)H, 201, 302 and section five of the Prevention of Sexual Offences against Children Act 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder