Man gets life term for raping minor girl in MP
Indore: A special court here on Saturday awarded life imprisonment to a youth for raping a 10-year-old tribal girl.
Special Judge R P Sharma awarded the sentence to Sunil Sharma (27) under Section 376 (rape) and under relevant sections of the SC/ST Act.
witnesses deposed against Sharma in the court.
Sharma had called the victim, who was his neighbour, to his residence on June 21, 2011 and raped her there.
However, when the victim`s family members heard her cries, they forced Sharma to open the door came to know about the crime.
Enraged over the incident, they severely thrashed Sharma and took him to a local police station, after which he was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown