Man gets life term for raping minor girl in MP
Indore: A special court here on Saturday awarded life imprisonment to a youth for raping a 10-year-old tribal girl.
Special Judge R P Sharma awarded the sentence to Sunil Sharma (27) under Section 376 (rape) and under relevant sections of the SC/ST Act.
witnesses deposed against Sharma in the court.
Sharma had called the victim, who was his neighbour, to his residence on June 21, 2011 and raped her there.
However, when the victim`s family members heard her cries, they forced Sharma to open the door came to know about the crime.
Enraged over the incident, they severely thrashed Sharma and took him to a local police station, after which he was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore