Man gets life term till death for kidnapping, raping minor
Gwalior: A 40-year-old man was sentenced to life imprisonment till death by a local court for raping a minor girl repeatedly for nearly a week after kidnapping her.
The sentence was awarded by First Additional Session Judge Laxmi Sharma Thursday to Ram Kishan for raping a 11-year-old girl after abducting her last year.
According to prosecution, pronouncing the verdict, the judge said that the convict should spend rest of his life behind the bars.
"Any attack on women that violates her privacy always left a scar on her mind and after that leading life with that pang is as painful as death. Showing any sympathy towards such criminals is against the interest of the law and the society and such kind of crimes also affects the morality of the society. Therefore, such persons deserves a harsh punishment," the judgement said.
The accused was known to the victim`s family and on June 20, 2012, he went to her residence in search of her father`s maternal uncle and stayed back. Next day, he lured the girl to a market for purchasing dresses and later took her to a forest and raped her.
After this he went to Rajasthan`s Bara town along with her and again sexually abused the minor. Later Kishan brought her to Radhapura village in Madhya Pradesh and again raped her and subsequently dumped her in an agriculture field.
A week later, the victim was found by an old woman to whom she narrated the entire incident following which she was taken to her (victim`s) residence. Her father then filed a report in the Mohna Police Station Shivpuri district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters