Man gets life term till death for kidnapping, raping minor
Gwalior: A 40-year-old man was sentenced to life imprisonment till death by a local court for raping a minor girl repeatedly for nearly a week after kidnapping her.
The sentence was awarded by First Additional Session Judge Laxmi Sharma Thursday to Ram Kishan for raping a 11-year-old girl after abducting her last year.
According to prosecution, pronouncing the verdict, the judge said that the convict should spend rest of his life behind the bars.
"Any attack on women that violates her privacy always left a scar on her mind and after that leading life with that pang is as painful as death. Showing any sympathy towards such criminals is against the interest of the law and the society and such kind of crimes also affects the morality of the society. Therefore, such persons deserves a harsh punishment," the judgement said.
The accused was known to the victim`s family and on June 20, 2012, he went to her residence in search of her father`s maternal uncle and stayed back. Next day, he lured the girl to a market for purchasing dresses and later took her to a forest and raped her.
After this he went to Rajasthan`s Bara town along with her and again sexually abused the minor. Later Kishan brought her to Radhapura village in Madhya Pradesh and again raped her and subsequently dumped her in an agriculture field.
A week later, the victim was found by an old woman to whom she narrated the entire incident following which she was taken to her (victim`s) residence. Her father then filed a report in the Mohna Police Station Shivpuri district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’
- BJP has reduced foreign policy to ''event management exercise'': JD(U)