Man gets ten years jail in rape case
Badwani (Madhya Pradesh): A local court on Saturday sentenced a 25-year-old man to ten years of imprisonment for raping his widowed sister-in-law.
Additional Sessions Judge Hitendra Singh Sisodia sentenced the accused named Rajesh after only five days of hearing, the government advocate said.
The accused was sentenced to ten years and four years of imprisonment under Sections 376 and 450 of the IPC respectively. Both the sentences have to be served concurrently, he said.
A resident of Jangrawa in the district, Rajesh raped his widowed sister-in-law on November 12 last year, while she was sleeping with her child.
Evidence in the case was collected on March 12 and 13, statement of the accused was recorded on March 14, while arguments were held on March 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II