Man kills three-year-old son
Raipur: A man believed to be suffering from a mental ailment strangled his three-year-old son to death and sat with the body inside a locked room for five hours in Chhattisgarh`s Balod district, police said Monday.
The incident took place Sunday at Balod`s Dhaneli village, about 100 km from here. Tikam Sahu was arrested after the villagers informed police about the incident.
No one was at home when Sahu took his youngest son to his room and locked it from inside, a police official said. He then strangulated the child, put him on his lap and sat inside the room for nearly five hours.
He refused to open the room when his wife Anusuiya Bai returned from the fields in the evening. She then called her neighbours for help.
When people entered the room they saw the child lying dead in Tikam Sahu`s lap, police said.
According to villagers, Tikam had been suffering from a mental ailment for a while but appeared to be healthy for the last month. He stayed at home to look after the children while his wife worked in the fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday