Man posing as Minister of State arrested in MP
Bhopal: The cyber cell of Madhya Pradesh police has arrested a man who allegedly posed as a Minister of State and made calls to a government official demanding money.
Angad Yadav (38) was arrested on Wednesday from Satna as he allegedly made calls to government officials and tried to extort money from them, police said.
Recently, Angad allegedly posed as Minister of State for Home Narayan Singh Kushwaha and called up executive engineer KK Mishra in Panna and demanded Rs 1 lakh from him.
When Kushwaha came to know that a person was misusing his name, he lodged a complaint with the cyber cell which traced Angad and arrested him.
The accused was brought to Bhopal where he was produced in a court which sent him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report