Man posing as Minister of State arrested in MP
Bhopal: The cyber cell of Madhya Pradesh police has arrested a man who allegedly posed as a Minister of State and made calls to a government official demanding money.
Angad Yadav (38) was arrested on Wednesday from Satna as he allegedly made calls to government officials and tried to extort money from them, police said.
Recently, Angad allegedly posed as Minister of State for Home Narayan Singh Kushwaha and called up executive engineer KK Mishra in Panna and demanded Rs 1 lakh from him.
When Kushwaha came to know that a person was misusing his name, he lodged a complaint with the cyber cell which traced Angad and arrested him.
The accused was brought to Bhopal where he was produced in a court which sent him to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state