Man shot at in train near Katni, injured
Katni (MP): One person was critically injured when a group of unknown youths shot at him on the Mumbai-bound Mahanagari Express, police said.
The incident took place last night near Niwar railway station, about 15 km from here. The victim Bablu Gupta hails from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, they said.
According to police, Gupta was travelling to Mumbai in the general bogey of the train, when around nine o`clock, around five assailants shot at him and fled away after pulling the chain of the train.
Gupta was rushed to a hospital in Katni, from where he was referred to Jabalpur Medical College Hospital. He is in a critical condition, police said.
Police are yet to ascertain the reason behind the attack. A case has been registered and police have launched a search to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users