Man shot at in train near Katni, injured
Katni (MP): One person was critically injured when a group of unknown youths shot at him on the Mumbai-bound Mahanagari Express, police said.
The incident took place last night near Niwar railway station, about 15 km from here. The victim Bablu Gupta hails from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, they said.
According to police, Gupta was travelling to Mumbai in the general bogey of the train, when around nine o`clock, around five assailants shot at him and fled away after pulling the chain of the train.
Gupta was rushed to a hospital in Katni, from where he was referred to Jabalpur Medical College Hospital. He is in a critical condition, police said.
Police are yet to ascertain the reason behind the attack. A case has been registered and police have launched a search to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi