Man shot at in train near Katni, injured
Katni (MP): One person was critically injured when a group of unknown youths shot at him on the Mumbai-bound Mahanagari Express, police said.
The incident took place last night near Niwar railway station, about 15 km from here. The victim Bablu Gupta hails from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, they said.
According to police, Gupta was travelling to Mumbai in the general bogey of the train, when around nine o`clock, around five assailants shot at him and fled away after pulling the chain of the train.
Gupta was rushed to a hospital in Katni, from where he was referred to Jabalpur Medical College Hospital. He is in a critical condition, police said.
Police are yet to ascertain the reason behind the attack. A case has been registered and police have launched a search to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs