Man smashes daughter`s face for continuing her education in MP
Betul (MP): Angry over his 11-year-old daughter`s determination to continue her school education, a man allegedly smashed her face and head with a heavy stone at a village here.
Dinesh Uikey smashed his daughter`s face when she returned home from school on Friday evening in the district`s Maramjhiri village and fled away, police said.
The girl, a student of class V at a government school at Maramjhiri, was admitted to Betul district hospital where she is undergoing treatment for her injuries and is reported to be out of danger.
The distraught girl told reporters here last evening that her father was against her attending school and used to ill-treat her for continuing with her studies instead of selling wood. She also alleged that many a times her father did not serve her food for a whole day.
Police said they have lodged a complaint against the accused on the basis of the girl`s statements under sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means) of IPC.
A search was on to nab him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court