Man smashes daughter`s face for continuing her education in MP
Betul (MP): Angry over his 11-year-old daughter`s determination to continue her school education, a man allegedly smashed her face and head with a heavy stone at a village here.
Dinesh Uikey smashed his daughter`s face when she returned home from school on Friday evening in the district`s Maramjhiri village and fled away, police said.
The girl, a student of class V at a government school at Maramjhiri, was admitted to Betul district hospital where she is undergoing treatment for her injuries and is reported to be out of danger.
The distraught girl told reporters here last evening that her father was against her attending school and used to ill-treat her for continuing with her studies instead of selling wood. She also alleged that many a times her father did not serve her food for a whole day.
Police said they have lodged a complaint against the accused on the basis of the girl`s statements under sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means) of IPC.
A search was on to nab him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal