Man smashes daughter`s face for continuing her education in MP
Betul (MP): Angry over his 11-year-old daughter`s determination to continue her school education, a man allegedly smashed her face and head with a heavy stone at a village here.
Dinesh Uikey smashed his daughter`s face when she returned home from school on Friday evening in the district`s Maramjhiri village and fled away, police said.
The girl, a student of class V at a government school at Maramjhiri, was admitted to Betul district hospital where she is undergoing treatment for her injuries and is reported to be out of danger.
The distraught girl told reporters here last evening that her father was against her attending school and used to ill-treat her for continuing with her studies instead of selling wood. She also alleged that many a times her father did not serve her food for a whole day.
Police said they have lodged a complaint against the accused on the basis of the girl`s statements under sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means) of IPC.
A search was on to nab him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!