Maneka upset with MP govt`s easing of hunting laws
Bhopal: Animal rights activist and BJP MP
Maneka Gandhi has flayed Madhya Pradesh Forest Minister Sartaj Singh`s proposed move to simplify rules for hunting of wild boars and blue bulls as demanded by farmers and MLAs following damage to their crops by these animals.
"Let me clarify at the outset that this decision to
permit hunting of wild boars and blue bull in the wild is not
taken for the sake of farmers, but to benefit those private
forest lodge operators who have cleints from Middle East and
other countries," Maneka said over phone from Delhi.
She alleged that it appears that the Forest Minister must
have been influenced by these lodge operators to permit
hunting of these innocent creatures.
Already the population of wild animals in the country
is reducing and with this decision things will become more
worrisome, the MP from Aaonla in Uttar Pradesh, said.
"If a hunter is allowed to shoot in the forest, what will
happen to other endangered animals freely roaming in the wild?
Will they not get disturbed by the bullet sound. What will
happen if these animals after getting disturbed come down to
villages and towns or in case instead of a wild boar or blue
bull, an elephant got killed accidentally by these hunters,"
The government should not allow such things to happen as
already forest cover and population of wild animals is
reducing in the country, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list