Married woman gangraped, sold for Rs 40,000 in MP
Chhatarpur: A 33-year-old married woman was allegedly kidnapped and raped by a temple priest and his accomplice at a village here and then sold off for Rs 40,000 to three brothers, who also gangraped her, police said on Tuesday.
The victim, a resident of Kawar village in Chhatarpur district, had been missing since January 17 and the offence came to light yesterday after her brother traced her, along with her five-year-old child, in Pipra village of Madhya Pradesh`s Tikamgarh district, they said.
The woman was allegedly kidnapped by the priest Bala Prasad Shukla on January 17 and was raped by him and his accomplice Devendra Shukla at Patharva village in the district, police said.
On January 30, Shukla sold off the woman for Rs 40,000 to three brothers - identified as Vimlesh Yadav, Pappu Yadav and Virendra Yadav - of Pipra village. The three brothers allegedly gangraped her after keeping her in confinement, police said.
After the victim`s brother traced her yesterday, she approached Bamitha Police Station in Chhatarpur district following which a case was registered against the five persons, they said, adding that a search has been launched to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video