Married woman`s body found in sack; husband quizzed in MP
Indore: A young married woman`s body wrapped in a plastic sack was on Tuesday found in a field near here, police said, as her family alleged her husband`s hand in the murder.
Khushbu Patel (22) was most probably strangled with her "chunni" (a long scarf) and the body was found in Khajrana area, SP (East) O P Tripathi told a news agency on Tuesday night.
The deceased`s parents alleged that it was a case of murder and pointed fingers at their son-in-law Bahadur Patel. Bahadur and Khushbu had a love marriage in 2010 but of late he wanted to divorce her, the SP said.
Last night, when Bahadur, who is into property business, returned home he did not find Khushbu inside and broke open the door, Tripathi said.
Today passers-by informed the police about the body lying abandoned in an open field in Khajrana, he said, adding there was no sign of sexual assault.
Police lodged a case of murder and interrogated Bahadur, who has been changing his statements, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray