Married woman`s body found in sack; husband quizzed in MP
Indore: A young married woman`s body wrapped in a plastic sack was on Tuesday found in a field near here, police said, as her family alleged her husband`s hand in the murder.
Khushbu Patel (22) was most probably strangled with her "chunni" (a long scarf) and the body was found in Khajrana area, SP (East) O P Tripathi told a news agency on Tuesday night.
The deceased`s parents alleged that it was a case of murder and pointed fingers at their son-in-law Bahadur Patel. Bahadur and Khushbu had a love marriage in 2010 but of late he wanted to divorce her, the SP said.
Last night, when Bahadur, who is into property business, returned home he did not find Khushbu inside and broke open the door, Tripathi said.
Today passers-by informed the police about the body lying abandoned in an open field in Khajrana, he said, adding there was no sign of sexual assault.
Police lodged a case of murder and interrogated Bahadur, who has been changing his statements, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary