Married woman`s body found in sack; husband quizzed in MP
Indore: A young married woman`s body wrapped in a plastic sack was on Tuesday found in a field near here, police said, as her family alleged her husband`s hand in the murder.
Khushbu Patel (22) was most probably strangled with her "chunni" (a long scarf) and the body was found in Khajrana area, SP (East) O P Tripathi told a news agency on Tuesday night.
The deceased`s parents alleged that it was a case of murder and pointed fingers at their son-in-law Bahadur Patel. Bahadur and Khushbu had a love marriage in 2010 but of late he wanted to divorce her, the SP said.
Last night, when Bahadur, who is into property business, returned home he did not find Khushbu inside and broke open the door, Tripathi said.
Today passers-by informed the police about the body lying abandoned in an open field in Khajrana, he said, adding there was no sign of sexual assault.
Police lodged a case of murder and interrogated Bahadur, who has been changing his statements, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- DNA : Today in History, 22nd August 2016