Masood case: CBI to examine 2 accused in jail
Indore: The special CBI court Wednesday approved the name of lady CBI inspector Shehnaj Khan for interrogating Zahida Parvez and Saba Farooqui, the accused in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, inside the jail on February 6 and 7.
Senior Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla had submitted Khan`s name and interrogation dates for the approval of special Judge Anupam Srivastava.
On January 28, the Court had granted CBI a?conditional permission to examine them, as CBI wants to question the two women on origin of certain evidential items. The forensic reports about these items were received after the chargesheet was filed and the accused had been sent to judicial custody.
The judge warned in his order today that there should not be any pressure or torture during the questioning.
The trial of the case is already underway.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011, allegedly at the behest of Zahida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men