Masood case: CBI to examine 2 accused in jail
Indore: The special CBI court Wednesday approved the name of lady CBI inspector Shehnaj Khan for interrogating Zahida Parvez and Saba Farooqui, the accused in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, inside the jail on February 6 and 7.
Senior Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla had submitted Khan`s name and interrogation dates for the approval of special Judge Anupam Srivastava.
On January 28, the Court had granted CBI a?conditional permission to examine them, as CBI wants to question the two women on origin of certain evidential items. The forensic reports about these items were received after the chargesheet was filed and the accused had been sent to judicial custody.
The judge warned in his order today that there should not be any pressure or torture during the questioning.
The trial of the case is already underway.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011, allegedly at the behest of Zahida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest