Masood case: NCW to set up committee to probe
Indore: National Commission for Women (NCW) would form a committee to probe the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, its chairperson said on Monday.
"We have decided to form a panel in the case following the alleged statement of BJP MLA, Dhruv Narayan Singh, that he has such relations with 20 women, and his name coming up in the case a number of times," NCW Chairperson Mamta Sharma said.
"We have decided to take a cognisance of the case and form a panel to minutely probe the matter to get to its bottom," she said.
The panel will probe, specially, how much role this angle (of illicit relations) played in the murder, she said, adding that the report would be forwarded to the government.
The main accused, interior designer Zahida Pervez, and co-accused Saba Farooqui, had alleged on number of occasions that the BJP MLA was the "mastermind" of the murder.
If necessary, NCW panel may also question Zahida and Saba, Sharma said. Both Zahida and Saba are currently lodged in the Indore`s district jail under a judicial remand.
CBI claims that Zahida planned the murder because she had become jealous of Shehla`s growing proximity with the BJP MLA.
The CBI has questioned Dhruv Narayan in the case, but he was not arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed