Masood case: NCW to set up committee to probe
Indore: National Commission for Women (NCW) would form a committee to probe the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, its chairperson said on Monday.
"We have decided to form a panel in the case following the alleged statement of BJP MLA, Dhruv Narayan Singh, that he has such relations with 20 women, and his name coming up in the case a number of times," NCW Chairperson Mamta Sharma said.
"We have decided to take a cognisance of the case and form a panel to minutely probe the matter to get to its bottom," she said.
The panel will probe, specially, how much role this angle (of illicit relations) played in the murder, she said, adding that the report would be forwarded to the government.
The main accused, interior designer Zahida Pervez, and co-accused Saba Farooqui, had alleged on number of occasions that the BJP MLA was the "mastermind" of the murder.
If necessary, NCW panel may also question Zahida and Saba, Sharma said. Both Zahida and Saba are currently lodged in the Indore`s district jail under a judicial remand.
CBI claims that Zahida planned the murder because she had become jealous of Shehla`s growing proximity with the BJP MLA.
The CBI has questioned Dhruv Narayan in the case, but he was not arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat