Masood murder: Court records accused`s statement
Indore: The special CBI court here on Saturday
recorded the statement of Irfan, an alleged contract killer
and an accused in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case.
The statement was recorded in-camera before Special
Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Dr Shubhra Singh under section 164
of the Criminal Procedure Code.
However, after coming out of the court, when the
reporters asked him whether he had confessed to the crime,
Irfan shook his head, indicating `no`.
He is in judicial custody till April 3, and was brought
here under tight security for recording the statement.
Two days ago, Irfan had told the court that he wanted to
record a confessional statement before the magistrate. Such a confession can be used against the accused.
The court had given him 48 hours to think it over.
So far, five persons have been arrested in the case:
Irfan, Bhopal-based interior designer Zahida Pervez, her
friend/confidant Saba Faroqui, Saqib Ali (Danger) and a
suspected killer, Tabish Khan.
According to CBI`s preliminary probe, Pervez got Shehla
killed out of jealousy, as she could not stand latter`s
growing closeness to BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams
- Complete list of award winners at IPL 2015