Masood murder: Court records accused`s statement
Indore: The special CBI court here on Saturday
recorded the statement of Irfan, an alleged contract killer
and an accused in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case.
The statement was recorded in-camera before Special
Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Dr Shubhra Singh under section 164
of the Criminal Procedure Code.
However, after coming out of the court, when the
reporters asked him whether he had confessed to the crime,
Irfan shook his head, indicating `no`.
He is in judicial custody till April 3, and was brought
here under tight security for recording the statement.
Two days ago, Irfan had told the court that he wanted to
record a confessional statement before the magistrate. Such a confession can be used against the accused.
The court had given him 48 hours to think it over.
So far, five persons have been arrested in the case:
Irfan, Bhopal-based interior designer Zahida Pervez, her
friend/confidant Saba Faroqui, Saqib Ali (Danger) and a
suspected killer, Tabish Khan.
According to CBI`s preliminary probe, Pervez got Shehla
killed out of jealousy, as she could not stand latter`s
growing closeness to BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider