Masood murder: Court records accused`s statement
Indore: The special CBI court here on Saturday
recorded the statement of Irfan, an alleged contract killer
and an accused in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case.
The statement was recorded in-camera before Special
Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Dr Shubhra Singh under section 164
of the Criminal Procedure Code.
However, after coming out of the court, when the
reporters asked him whether he had confessed to the crime,
Irfan shook his head, indicating `no`.
He is in judicial custody till April 3, and was brought
here under tight security for recording the statement.
Two days ago, Irfan had told the court that he wanted to
record a confessional statement before the magistrate. Such a confession can be used against the accused.
The court had given him 48 hours to think it over.
So far, five persons have been arrested in the case:
Irfan, Bhopal-based interior designer Zahida Pervez, her
friend/confidant Saba Faroqui, Saqib Ali (Danger) and a
suspected killer, Tabish Khan.
According to CBI`s preliminary probe, Pervez got Shehla
killed out of jealousy, as she could not stand latter`s
growing closeness to BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie