Medical officer arrested for taking Rs 4,000 bribe
Indore: A medical officer from neighbouring Khandwa district has been arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 4,000 from an employee in a case of transfer.
Nitin Vanre, the officer from Medical and Health Department was held yesterday after a raid by Lokayukta officials here, its spokesman said.
Subhash Ueeke of MPW Dy Health Centre, who was transferred to Deputy Health Centre of Navra, had lodged the complaint against Vanre with the Special Lokayukta office here following which the raid was conducted, he said.
The accused was booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves