Medical officer arrested for taking Rs 4,000 bribe
Indore: A medical officer from neighbouring Khandwa district has been arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 4,000 from an employee in a case of transfer.
Nitin Vanre, the officer from Medical and Health Department was held yesterday after a raid by Lokayukta officials here, its spokesman said.
Subhash Ueeke of MPW Dy Health Centre, who was transferred to Deputy Health Centre of Navra, had lodged the complaint against Vanre with the Special Lokayukta office here following which the raid was conducted, he said.
The accused was booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Australian PM says won't back former leader Rudd for top UN job
- Hillary Clinton unfit to lead US; our way of life is under threat from radical Islam: Donald Trump
- Kathmandu Valley to observe chariot festival today
- Infiltration, terror attacks to figure prominently when Rajnath Singh travels to Pakistan next month
- Majithia defamation case: Arvind Kejriwal gets bail in defamation case in Punjab