Medical officer arrested for taking Rs 4,000 bribe
Indore: A medical officer from neighbouring Khandwa district has been arrested for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 4,000 from an employee in a case of transfer.
Nitin Vanre, the officer from Medical and Health Department was held yesterday after a raid by Lokayukta officials here, its spokesman said.
Subhash Ueeke of MPW Dy Health Centre, who was transferred to Deputy Health Centre of Navra, had lodged the complaint against Vanre with the Special Lokayukta office here following which the raid was conducted, he said.
The accused was booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends