Medical teachers go on mass leave in Madhya Pradesh
Indore (MP): Demanding pay parity with UGC grades, hundreds of teachers affiliated to Madhya Pradesh Medical Teachers Association (MPMTA) on Wednesday went on mass casual leave affecting health services in government-run hospitals including the MY Hospital here.
Medical services were hit in MY, Chacha Nehru, and Cancer hospitals in the city as over 200 medical teachers boycotted work and teaching, by holding demonstrations in their respective workplaces, MPMTA Indore president Dr Poonam Mathur said.
Besides UGC grades and allowances since 2008, the Association also put up a charter of demands including pension benefits, group insurance, arrears` payment, Mathur said, adding a memorandum was submitted to the Acting Dean of Indore Medical College, Sanjay Dixit in this regard.
However, some of the faculty members did attend to emergency services, she claimed.
A sit-in-cum-demonstration attended by striking doctors was organised this morning at the MY entrance, she said.
When contacted, Dr P S Thakur, MY Hospital Superintendent said that senior and junior resident doctors, along with chief medical officers were called to attend patients in OPDs and health services were scarcely affected.
The one-day strike was observed in all five medical colleges in the state in which over 1600 doctors took mass casual leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe