Medical teachers go on mass leave in Madhya Pradesh
Indore (MP): Demanding pay parity with UGC grades, hundreds of teachers affiliated to Madhya Pradesh Medical Teachers Association (MPMTA) on Wednesday went on mass casual leave affecting health services in government-run hospitals including the MY Hospital here.
Medical services were hit in MY, Chacha Nehru, and Cancer hospitals in the city as over 200 medical teachers boycotted work and teaching, by holding demonstrations in their respective workplaces, MPMTA Indore president Dr Poonam Mathur said.
Besides UGC grades and allowances since 2008, the Association also put up a charter of demands including pension benefits, group insurance, arrears` payment, Mathur said, adding a memorandum was submitted to the Acting Dean of Indore Medical College, Sanjay Dixit in this regard.
However, some of the faculty members did attend to emergency services, she claimed.
A sit-in-cum-demonstration attended by striking doctors was organised this morning at the MY entrance, she said.
When contacted, Dr P S Thakur, MY Hospital Superintendent said that senior and junior resident doctors, along with chief medical officers were called to attend patients in OPDs and health services were scarcely affected.
The one-day strike was observed in all five medical colleges in the state in which over 1600 doctors took mass casual leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...