Medical teachers go on mass leave in Madhya Pradesh
Indore (MP): Demanding pay parity with UGC grades, hundreds of teachers affiliated to Madhya Pradesh Medical Teachers Association (MPMTA) on Wednesday went on mass casual leave affecting health services in government-run hospitals including the MY Hospital here.
Medical services were hit in MY, Chacha Nehru, and Cancer hospitals in the city as over 200 medical teachers boycotted work and teaching, by holding demonstrations in their respective workplaces, MPMTA Indore president Dr Poonam Mathur said.
Besides UGC grades and allowances since 2008, the Association also put up a charter of demands including pension benefits, group insurance, arrears` payment, Mathur said, adding a memorandum was submitted to the Acting Dean of Indore Medical College, Sanjay Dixit in this regard.
However, some of the faculty members did attend to emergency services, she claimed.
A sit-in-cum-demonstration attended by striking doctors was organised this morning at the MY entrance, she said.
When contacted, Dr P S Thakur, MY Hospital Superintendent said that senior and junior resident doctors, along with chief medical officers were called to attend patients in OPDs and health services were scarcely affected.
The one-day strike was observed in all five medical colleges in the state in which over 1600 doctors took mass casual leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights