Membership restoration of two MP Congress MLAs gets EC nod
Bhopal: The membership of two Congress MLAs from Madhya Pradesh Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi and Kalpana Parulekar has been formally restored.
The State Election Commission, in a release today, said it received orders yesterday from the Election Commission of India (ECI) restoring the membership of Chaturvedi and Parulekar from Bhind and Mahidpur Assembly segments, respectively.
The Assembly, during its monsoon session, had passed a resolution on July 18 terminating the membership of the Opposition members for their "unruly behaviour" in the House.
However, a special session was called on July 27 where the membership of Chaturvedi and Parulekar was restored.
The Assembly`s decision was conveyed to the ECI, which has now formally approved it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'