Middlemen running Madhya Pradesh govt: Digvijay Singh
Dhar (MP): Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday alleged "power brokers" were running the ruling Shivraj Singh Chouhan government in Madhya Pradesh.
"During the BJP rule in Madhya Pradesh, there is a large scale corruption in the state and power brokers are running that party," he said while addressing an election meeting ahead of December 17 municipality polls at the industrial town of Pithampur in the district.
Taking a dig at BJP, Singh said while the middlemen are flying in helicopters and travelling in expensive cars, honest Jan Sangh workers are still riding on cycles.
"Even today, common people are not getting basic amenities like road, water and electricity in the state. The state government has failed to supply electricity to farmers but rather sending them to jails for being unable to pay hefty power bills", he added.
A total of 10 candidates are in the fray for the post of chairman of the Pithampur Municipality, where 113 candidates are contesting from 11 wards, polling for which is slated for Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch