Middlemen running Madhya Pradesh govt: Digvijay Singh
Dhar (MP): Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday alleged "power brokers" were running the ruling Shivraj Singh Chouhan government in Madhya Pradesh.
"During the BJP rule in Madhya Pradesh, there is a large scale corruption in the state and power brokers are running that party," he said while addressing an election meeting ahead of December 17 municipality polls at the industrial town of Pithampur in the district.
Taking a dig at BJP, Singh said while the middlemen are flying in helicopters and travelling in expensive cars, honest Jan Sangh workers are still riding on cycles.
"Even today, common people are not getting basic amenities like road, water and electricity in the state. The state government has failed to supply electricity to farmers but rather sending them to jails for being unable to pay hefty power bills", he added.
A total of 10 candidates are in the fray for the post of chairman of the Pithampur Municipality, where 113 candidates are contesting from 11 wards, polling for which is slated for Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?