Middlemen running Madhya Pradesh govt: Digvijay Singh
Dhar (MP): Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday alleged "power brokers" were running the ruling Shivraj Singh Chouhan government in Madhya Pradesh.
"During the BJP rule in Madhya Pradesh, there is a large scale corruption in the state and power brokers are running that party," he said while addressing an election meeting ahead of December 17 municipality polls at the industrial town of Pithampur in the district.
Taking a dig at BJP, Singh said while the middlemen are flying in helicopters and travelling in expensive cars, honest Jan Sangh workers are still riding on cycles.
"Even today, common people are not getting basic amenities like road, water and electricity in the state. The state government has failed to supply electricity to farmers but rather sending them to jails for being unable to pay hefty power bills", he added.
A total of 10 candidates are in the fray for the post of chairman of the Pithampur Municipality, where 113 candidates are contesting from 11 wards, polling for which is slated for Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends