Middlemen running Madhya Pradesh govt: Digvijay Singh
Dhar (MP): Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday alleged "power brokers" were running the ruling Shivraj Singh Chouhan government in Madhya Pradesh.
"During the BJP rule in Madhya Pradesh, there is a large scale corruption in the state and power brokers are running that party," he said while addressing an election meeting ahead of December 17 municipality polls at the industrial town of Pithampur in the district.
Taking a dig at BJP, Singh said while the middlemen are flying in helicopters and travelling in expensive cars, honest Jan Sangh workers are still riding on cycles.
"Even today, common people are not getting basic amenities like road, water and electricity in the state. The state government has failed to supply electricity to farmers but rather sending them to jails for being unable to pay hefty power bills", he added.
A total of 10 candidates are in the fray for the post of chairman of the Pithampur Municipality, where 113 candidates are contesting from 11 wards, polling for which is slated for Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!