Mining mafia try to mow down police officer
Morena: In an incident reminiscent of the murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar, two members of mining mafia on Wednesday allegedly tried to kill a police officer who was trying to stop tractor-trolley carrying illegally mined sand.
The incident occurred about 40 km from here, under the jurisdiction of Chinnoni Police Station.
Hitendra Rathore, Station in-charge, found during the checking of vehicles that a tractor-trolley was carrying illegally mined sand from Chambal river.
When he signalled the tractor driver to stop, the latter allegedly tried to mow him down. Luckily, Rahote escaped unhurt, police said.
Then tractor driver and his assistant allegedly fired at him, police added.
As Rathore fired back at them, both left the vehicle and fled.
The duo were identified as Damodar Ballu and Lalla Jatav of Billowa village; a case of attempt to murder has been registered against them.
Narendra Kumar, a young IPS officer, was killed in the district in March while trying to stop a tractor carrying allegedly illegally quarried stones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt