Mining mafia try to mow down police officer
Morena: In an incident reminiscent of the murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar, two members of mining mafia on Wednesday allegedly tried to kill a police officer who was trying to stop tractor-trolley carrying illegally mined sand.
The incident occurred about 40 km from here, under the jurisdiction of Chinnoni Police Station.
Hitendra Rathore, Station in-charge, found during the checking of vehicles that a tractor-trolley was carrying illegally mined sand from Chambal river.
When he signalled the tractor driver to stop, the latter allegedly tried to mow him down. Luckily, Rahote escaped unhurt, police said.
Then tractor driver and his assistant allegedly fired at him, police added.
As Rathore fired back at them, both left the vehicle and fled.
The duo were identified as Damodar Ballu and Lalla Jatav of Billowa village; a case of attempt to murder has been registered against them.
Narendra Kumar, a young IPS officer, was killed in the district in March while trying to stop a tractor carrying allegedly illegally quarried stones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok