Mining mafia try to mow down police officer
Morena: In an incident reminiscent of the murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar, two members of mining mafia on Wednesday allegedly tried to kill a police officer who was trying to stop tractor-trolley carrying illegally mined sand.
The incident occurred about 40 km from here, under the jurisdiction of Chinnoni Police Station.
Hitendra Rathore, Station in-charge, found during the checking of vehicles that a tractor-trolley was carrying illegally mined sand from Chambal river.
When he signalled the tractor driver to stop, the latter allegedly tried to mow him down. Luckily, Rahote escaped unhurt, police said.
Then tractor driver and his assistant allegedly fired at him, police added.
As Rathore fired back at them, both left the vehicle and fled.
The duo were identified as Damodar Ballu and Lalla Jatav of Billowa village; a case of attempt to murder has been registered against them.
Narendra Kumar, a young IPS officer, was killed in the district in March while trying to stop a tractor carrying allegedly illegally quarried stones.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'