Mining mafia try to mow down police officer
Morena: In an incident reminiscent of the murder of IPS officer Narendra Kumar, two members of mining mafia on Wednesday allegedly tried to kill a police officer who was trying to stop tractor-trolley carrying illegally mined sand.
The incident occurred about 40 km from here, under the jurisdiction of Chinnoni Police Station.
Hitendra Rathore, Station in-charge, found during the checking of vehicles that a tractor-trolley was carrying illegally mined sand from Chambal river.
When he signalled the tractor driver to stop, the latter allegedly tried to mow him down. Luckily, Rahote escaped unhurt, police said.
Then tractor driver and his assistant allegedly fired at him, police added.
As Rathore fired back at them, both left the vehicle and fled.
The duo were identified as Damodar Ballu and Lalla Jatav of Billowa village; a case of attempt to murder has been registered against them.
Narendra Kumar, a young IPS officer, was killed in the district in March while trying to stop a tractor carrying allegedly illegally quarried stones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends