Mining scam waiting to be unearthed: Congress
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress on Monday
alleged that a mining scam, much bigger than the Bellary scam
in Karnataka would unearth in the state, if a proper probe is
Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay
Singh alleged that illegal mining of sand is taking place in
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s very own constituency
in Sehore district, along the banks of the river Narmada.
Demanding a high-level probe into the matter, Singh said
that he had been regularly raising the issue of illegal mining
in the state assembly.
He also said a committee of Congress MLAs had found that
in Sehore district`s Nasrullaganj area, the company, which had
been given the sand-mining contract, had illegally carried out
activities in ten villages, even though permission was granted
only in four villages.
"Shiva Construction company was granted a permission for
sand mining in 16 hectares area in four villages-Ambaajdeep,
Baadgaon, Santdev and Neelkanth. However, it had carried out
mining operations in 377 hectares area, causing a threat to
the course of the river and environment," Singh said.
The Congress committee, comprising MLAs Yadvendra Singh,
Govind Singh Rajput, Bhagwan Singh Rajput, Dr Prabhuram
Choudhry and Sadhna Sthapak, had visited the area on January 3
to collect the information, he said.
Congress is exploring all possible options, including a
legal action against the BJP government on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH