Minister faces protest over police action at Bhojshala
Dhar: Madhya Pradesh Health Minister Mahendra Hardia on Sunday faced the wrath of locals when he arrived at a hospital here to meet those injured in the police action near Bhojshala on Basant Panchami.
Hardia, who doubles as guardian minister of Dhar district, faced protests from locals and the injured persons, who raised slogans against him and IG (Indore range) Anuradha Shankar over Friday`s incident.
Scores of people were injured when police cane-charged and lobbed teargas shells to evict stone-pelting protesters from Bhojshala, a protected monument, which houses a temple and a mosque, on February 15.
Earlier, talking to reporters at Circuit House, Hardia said he would take up the matter with Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Bhojshala complex, which is home to a Saraswati temple and Kamal Maula Mosque, is protected by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and visited by both Hindus and Muslims on different days. The ownership of the complex has long been a matter of dispute between the two communities.
Meanwhile, Bhoj Utsav Samiti president Ashok Jain met Hardia and demanded a judicial probe into police action and suspension of police officials for ordering lathicharge.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?