Minister not allowed to board AI flight
Bhopal: A Delhi-bound Air India flight has refused Madhya Pradesh Minister of State for Agriculture Brajendra Pratap Singh to board the plane from Raja Bhoj Airport here, saying it was full to its capacity.
Singh reached the airport yesterday at about 8 AM for the flight scheduled to leave for New Delhi at 9.10 am. But, when he went to the check-in counter, the official on duty told him that he could not be accommodated in the plane as it was full to its capacity, sources said on Sunday.
The Minister was on his way to Delhi enroute to US to collect an award being given by the United Nations for the work done by the Madhya Pradesh government under the Public Services Guarantee Act, sources said.
However, Manohar Dubey, the deputy secretary, public services guarantee, who was accompanying Singh and was standing in front of him in the queue, was allowed to board the plane, they said.
Following this, the Minister returned from the airport and later went to Delhi by a state government plane, sources said.
A complaint has been lodged with the airline authorities in this regard, sources said.
Meanwhile, AI officials said the Airbus 320 has a capacity of 167 passengers and tickets are usually issued to five or seven more passengers anticipating cancellations.
"All airlines do this that is why it is said that passengers should report to the counter well in advance," they said, adding that the Minister was not allowed to board the plane as he reached the check-in counter after the flight was full.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...