Minor Dalit girl raped, history-sheeter held
Sagar: A 13-year-old dalit girl was allegedly raped by a history-sheeter at Patharia Jaigan village in the district, police said on Thursday.
The incident occurred on March 19 when the accused, identified as Mahendra Lodhi allegedly, lured the victim, playing near her house under a pretext to a secluded place and sexually assaulted her, they said.
The complaint was filed by the victim`s parents yesterday, following which police apprehended Lodhi who has 18 cases registered against him in various police stations.
A case under Section 376 (rape) of the IPC, SC/ST Act and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act was registered against the accused in this regard, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list