Minor girl dies after being set ablaze for resisting molestor
Bhind (MP): A 16-year-old girl who was allegedly set afire by a youth as she raised an alarm when he was trying to molest her, succumbed to her burn injuries on Friday in a hospital at Gwalior resulting in tension in the town, the police said.
The girl was allegedly set afire by Banti Bhadoria on May 20, by pouring kerosene over her after she had opposed his advances, when she was alone in the house.
Later, Banti fled the town, the police said.
The victim succumbed to her injuries today after battling for life for four days after she suffered 80 percent burn injuries.
As the news of her death spread, tension gripped the town, due to which additional forces have been deployed.
In her dying declaration, the victim said that Banti used to trouble her quite often and despite several complaints to the police, no action was taken.
The accused is still absconding and efforts are on to arrest him soon, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported