Minor girl dies after being set ablaze for resisting molestor
Bhind (MP): A 16-year-old girl who was allegedly set afire by a youth as she raised an alarm when he was trying to molest her, succumbed to her burn injuries on Friday in a hospital at Gwalior resulting in tension in the town, the police said.
The girl was allegedly set afire by Banti Bhadoria on May 20, by pouring kerosene over her after she had opposed his advances, when she was alone in the house.
Later, Banti fled the town, the police said.
The victim succumbed to her injuries today after battling for life for four days after she suffered 80 percent burn injuries.
As the news of her death spread, tension gripped the town, due to which additional forces have been deployed.
In her dying declaration, the victim said that Banti used to trouble her quite often and despite several complaints to the police, no action was taken.
The accused is still absconding and efforts are on to arrest him soon, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions