Minor girl dies after being set ablaze for resisting molestor
Bhind (MP): A 16-year-old girl who was allegedly set afire by a youth as she raised an alarm when he was trying to molest her, succumbed to her burn injuries on Friday in a hospital at Gwalior resulting in tension in the town, the police said.
The girl was allegedly set afire by Banti Bhadoria on May 20, by pouring kerosene over her after she had opposed his advances, when she was alone in the house.
Later, Banti fled the town, the police said.
The victim succumbed to her injuries today after battling for life for four days after she suffered 80 percent burn injuries.
As the news of her death spread, tension gripped the town, due to which additional forces have been deployed.
In her dying declaration, the victim said that Banti used to trouble her quite often and despite several complaints to the police, no action was taken.
The accused is still absconding and efforts are on to arrest him soon, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Senegal says ex-president Wade`s son freed after graft pardon
- OUCET 2016 Results declared; download Osmania University Common Entrance Tests 2016 Rank Card here
- Will have to see how implementation rolls out: Verma on Brexit
- Danish government-allied populists call for EU vote, PM rejects
- Three killed in shooting at Ankara hospital: reports