Minor girl dies after being set ablaze for resisting molestor
Bhind (MP): A 16-year-old girl who was allegedly set afire by a youth as she raised an alarm when he was trying to molest her, succumbed to her burn injuries on Friday in a hospital at Gwalior resulting in tension in the town, the police said.
The girl was allegedly set afire by Banti Bhadoria on May 20, by pouring kerosene over her after she had opposed his advances, when she was alone in the house.
Later, Banti fled the town, the police said.
The victim succumbed to her injuries today after battling for life for four days after she suffered 80 percent burn injuries.
As the news of her death spread, tension gripped the town, due to which additional forces have been deployed.
In her dying declaration, the victim said that Banti used to trouble her quite often and despite several complaints to the police, no action was taken.
The accused is still absconding and efforts are on to arrest him soon, the police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists