Minor Naxalite surrenders in Madhya Pradesh
Balaghat: A 17-year-old Naxalite, who was forced into Naxalism, on Thursday surrendered before police here.
The Naxalite, Gurjan Singh Salame, was forced into Naxalism in August 2012 by Naxali Dalam Commander Chandu alias Devchand when he was going to school at his native Kouwabehra village in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district, Balaghat Superintendent of Police (SP) Sachin Atulkar told reporters.
Later, he handed over him to another group, Tanda Dalam, led by Commander Jeevan in Kattipar area, Atulkar said.
After spending eight days with Tanda Dalam, Gurjan was asked to join Korchi Dalam led by Commander Deepak, who was active in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli area, he said.
Gurjan spent nearly three months with Korchi Dalam and later came back to Tanda Dalam, which was then headed by Chandu.
However, when this Dalam arrived towards his native village Kouwabehra, the young boy got an opportunity to escape along with a gun and somehow reached his residence, they said.
Through some links with the Balaghat police, he surrendered before the SP as he wanted to come back into the mainstream, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference