Minor Naxalite surrenders in Madhya Pradesh
Balaghat: A 17-year-old Naxalite, who was forced into Naxalism, on Thursday surrendered before police here.
The Naxalite, Gurjan Singh Salame, was forced into Naxalism in August 2012 by Naxali Dalam Commander Chandu alias Devchand when he was going to school at his native Kouwabehra village in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district, Balaghat Superintendent of Police (SP) Sachin Atulkar told reporters.
Later, he handed over him to another group, Tanda Dalam, led by Commander Jeevan in Kattipar area, Atulkar said.
After spending eight days with Tanda Dalam, Gurjan was asked to join Korchi Dalam led by Commander Deepak, who was active in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli area, he said.
Gurjan spent nearly three months with Korchi Dalam and later came back to Tanda Dalam, which was then headed by Chandu.
However, when this Dalam arrived towards his native village Kouwabehra, the young boy got an opportunity to escape along with a gun and somehow reached his residence, they said.
Through some links with the Balaghat police, he surrendered before the SP as he wanted to come back into the mainstream, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond