Minor Naxalite surrenders in Madhya Pradesh
Balaghat: A 17-year-old Naxalite, who was forced into Naxalism, on Thursday surrendered before police here.
The Naxalite, Gurjan Singh Salame, was forced into Naxalism in August 2012 by Naxali Dalam Commander Chandu alias Devchand when he was going to school at his native Kouwabehra village in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district, Balaghat Superintendent of Police (SP) Sachin Atulkar told reporters.
Later, he handed over him to another group, Tanda Dalam, led by Commander Jeevan in Kattipar area, Atulkar said.
After spending eight days with Tanda Dalam, Gurjan was asked to join Korchi Dalam led by Commander Deepak, who was active in Maharashtra`s Gadchiroli area, he said.
Gurjan spent nearly three months with Korchi Dalam and later came back to Tanda Dalam, which was then headed by Chandu.
However, when this Dalam arrived towards his native village Kouwabehra, the young boy got an opportunity to escape along with a gun and somehow reached his residence, they said.
Through some links with the Balaghat police, he surrendered before the SP as he wanted to come back into the mainstream, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray