Minor pregnant after gang-rape in MP; five held
Raisen: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by five youths following which she got pregnant and reported the matter to police on Thursday.
The minor was sexually assaulted about five months back when she went to a forest for rearing her goats in Utiyan Kalan village here.
The youths committed the crime by luring her and took turns to rape her and later threatened to kill her if she revealed the incident, Raisen District`s Superintendent of Police (SP), K B Sharma told reporters here.
The matter came to light recently when she got pregnant following which she narrated the ordeal to her widowed mother.
After that her uncle summoned the youths in a village panchayat and asked them to pay Rs 50,000 each as compensation but when they refused, he along with the victim reported the matter to Bareli Police Station, the SP said.
The accused identified as Ravi Baretha 20, Gudda Baretha 25, Chuttu Prajapati 20, Dharmendra Barua 25 and Ajju 20 have been arrested after registering a case of gang-rape and offences under relevant sections of SC/ST Act and Protection of Child from Sexual Offences Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report