Minor pregnant after gang-rape in MP; five held
Raisen: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by five youths following which she got pregnant and reported the matter to police on Thursday.
The minor was sexually assaulted about five months back when she went to a forest for rearing her goats in Utiyan Kalan village here.
The youths committed the crime by luring her and took turns to rape her and later threatened to kill her if she revealed the incident, Raisen District`s Superintendent of Police (SP), K B Sharma told reporters here.
The matter came to light recently when she got pregnant following which she narrated the ordeal to her widowed mother.
After that her uncle summoned the youths in a village panchayat and asked them to pay Rs 50,000 each as compensation but when they refused, he along with the victim reported the matter to Bareli Police Station, the SP said.
The accused identified as Ravi Baretha 20, Gudda Baretha 25, Chuttu Prajapati 20, Dharmendra Barua 25 and Ajju 20 have been arrested after registering a case of gang-rape and offences under relevant sections of SC/ST Act and Protection of Child from Sexual Offences Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- CM Mehbooba Mufti favours abrogation of AFSPA from parts of J&K; says if successful it can be revoked in entirety
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%
- West Indies vs India: Statistical highlights — Records for Saha, pace pair Shami and Yadav
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read