Minor pregnant after gang-rape in MP; five held
Raisen: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by five youths following which she got pregnant and reported the matter to police on Thursday.
The minor was sexually assaulted about five months back when she went to a forest for rearing her goats in Utiyan Kalan village here.
The youths committed the crime by luring her and took turns to rape her and later threatened to kill her if she revealed the incident, Raisen District`s Superintendent of Police (SP), K B Sharma told reporters here.
The matter came to light recently when she got pregnant following which she narrated the ordeal to her widowed mother.
After that her uncle summoned the youths in a village panchayat and asked them to pay Rs 50,000 each as compensation but when they refused, he along with the victim reported the matter to Bareli Police Station, the SP said.
The accused identified as Ravi Baretha 20, Gudda Baretha 25, Chuttu Prajapati 20, Dharmendra Barua 25 and Ajju 20 have been arrested after registering a case of gang-rape and offences under relevant sections of SC/ST Act and Protection of Child from Sexual Offences Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees