Minor sets herself ablaze after rape bid in MP
Neemuch: A 14-year-old girl attempted suicide today by setting herself ablaze following an alleged rape bid by a youth two days back, police said on Monday.
The minor girl doused herself with kerosene before setting herself on fire, police said.
She has been referred to Udaipur in neighbouring Rajasthan where her condition is said to be critical, police said.
The girl said in her statement that she felt "humiliated" after a youth attempted to rape her.
According to police, the accused youth, Pratap Singh, tried to rape her on May 11 morning in neighbouring Mandsaur town when she had gone to relieve herself.
The girl, however, managed to escape from the spot, they said. Singh has been arrested and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof