Minor sets herself ablaze after rape bid in MP
Neemuch: A 14-year-old girl attempted suicide today by setting herself ablaze following an alleged rape bid by a youth two days back, police said on Monday.
The minor girl doused herself with kerosene before setting herself on fire, police said.
She has been referred to Udaipur in neighbouring Rajasthan where her condition is said to be critical, police said.
The girl said in her statement that she felt "humiliated" after a youth attempted to rape her.
According to police, the accused youth, Pratap Singh, tried to rape her on May 11 morning in neighbouring Mandsaur town when she had gone to relieve herself.
The girl, however, managed to escape from the spot, they said. Singh has been arrested and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi