Minor sets herself ablaze after rape bid in MP
Neemuch: A 14-year-old girl attempted suicide today by setting herself ablaze following an alleged rape bid by a youth two days back, police said on Monday.
The minor girl doused herself with kerosene before setting herself on fire, police said.
She has been referred to Udaipur in neighbouring Rajasthan where her condition is said to be critical, police said.
The girl said in her statement that she felt "humiliated" after a youth attempted to rape her.
According to police, the accused youth, Pratap Singh, tried to rape her on May 11 morning in neighbouring Mandsaur town when she had gone to relieve herself.
The girl, however, managed to escape from the spot, they said. Singh has been arrested and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16