Minor sets herself ablaze after rape bid in MP
Neemuch: A 14-year-old girl attempted suicide today by setting herself ablaze following an alleged rape bid by a youth two days back, police said on Monday.
The minor girl doused herself with kerosene before setting herself on fire, police said.
She has been referred to Udaipur in neighbouring Rajasthan where her condition is said to be critical, police said.
The girl said in her statement that she felt "humiliated" after a youth attempted to rape her.
According to police, the accused youth, Pratap Singh, tried to rape her on May 11 morning in neighbouring Mandsaur town when she had gone to relieve herself.
The girl, however, managed to escape from the spot, they said. Singh has been arrested and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University