`Minorities in MP can play decisive role in poll o
Bhopal: Minorities could play a "decisive" role in at least 74 Assembly and 12 Parliamentary constituencies in Madhya Pradesh, according to the Muslim Education Society.
Citing a survey conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Muslim Society recently, its chairman Ibrahim Qureshi said in a press conference today that the percentage of minority voters is around 40 to 45 in at least four assembly constituencies of Bhopal North, Bhopal Central, Narela and Burhanpur.
"Whereas their percentage is around 20-25 in 14 Assembly constituencies", he said, adding these constituencies included Jawra, Mahidpur, Ujjain, Rau, Indore-Three, Neemuch, Mandsaur and Ratlam.
Quoting the survey, he said minority voters form 16-20 percent of total votes in at least 22 assembly constituencies and between 10 to 15 percent in 62 segments.
"Similarly, the minority voters are in adequate numbers in 12 Lok Sabha constituencies, including Bhopal, Khandwa, Jabalpur, Sagar, Indore, Ujjain and Jhabua", Qureshi claimed.
Madhya Pradesh sends 29 MPs to Lok Sabha. The Assembly elections are due in the state later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof