Mixed response to NSUI`s bandh call in Indore
Indore: The state-wide call for college bandh by National Students Union of India (NSUI) on Wednesday evoked a mixed response in the city, with several colleges remaining closed in the morning.
Police lathicharged outside University Teaching Department after NSUI activists tried to force authorities to close the main gate.
The bandh had been called in protest against killing of a Ratlam-based NSUI activist, allegedly by ABVP members.
Those taking MA (history) and BA- LLB III and V semester examinations were the worst-affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video